8 tips for a healthy life
I am happy to share with you these tips that will take you a long way with prevention of disease. If you are ready for anything and shield your health with things that will make you stronger and healthier nothing will go through it and make you sick. Just consider making them a habit and you will get great results.
- Eat a healthy diet: Do you research about foods and their benefits. Program your diet based on the nutritional value of the foods you are ingesting and consider adding superfoods to your daily meals. Diet is a huge component of your health and will be the fuel for your body and cells to function properly.
- Exercise regularly: sedentarism is not a good idea because it will contribute to the build up of toxins in your body. I always recommend a daily routine of 30 mins of light and moderate exercise. Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated and move those muscles to release any toxins. It will also increase your endorphins and make you happy.
- Sleep well: you need to sleep because that’s the only way your body will regenerate and rejuvenate. During the night many things happen and different substances are released from your body that do not occur during the day. It is important to sleep at least 6-9 hours daily, and to rest when your body needs it during the day. Sometimes we get busy routines of activities during the day and forget to relax. Stress build up and we end up feeling worst. Taking a good resting and sleep routine your body will get the chance to heal and compose for the next tasks.
- Fasting works: remember your body needs time to regenerate and rejuvenate, and for this needs to sleep. At the same time while you sleep many systems in the body get enough energy. However, if digestion of foods is happening during the hours of sleep then the energy obtained needs to be spent on the process of digestion that usually takes several hours. If we have a late night meal our body won’t get the chance to send energy to any other system until digestion hasn’t been done, and we wake up almost not rested and rejuvenated. My recommendation is to have a last meal around 5 pm and not eat anything else until next day around 7-8 am.
- Meditate: Once this practice becomes a part of your daily routine then many changes can be observed in several aspects. You will feel better, more energetic, with a high self-esteem, grateful for each second of your life and health, and focused on your goals.
- Research your supplements: I have said many times that we are not consuming enough micronutrients in the food, even if we are getting a nutritious food. The food chain, production, transport, packing, availability, and some other factors can affect the availability of important nutrients and we are getting low or even none nutrients in some of these foods. Getting a good amount of supplements daily will help you make sure you are getting the right amount of micronutrients needed in your daily diet.
- Spent time with loved ones: a very important component of your happiness is to be surrounded by people you love and fill you with positive vibes. Spending time with these people will increase your confidence and make you feel stronger, and this will automatically translate to your immune system feeling stronger and responding well to any threats. The emotional component of love and happiness has a very big impact in the response of the body with chemicals, hormones, and substances that the body requires to maintain a healthy balance.
- Do homework: organize your life and keep an order with your activities and the things you would like to achieve in the short, medium and long-term. Make plans and design strategies to achieve your goals. Work hard and coordinate avoiding losing your focus on your designed activities.